Saturday, August 13, 2011


My name is Maren Elizabeth Grace Harshman. I stand five feet, three inches off the ground, have a sort of unhealthy obsession with Sriracha hot sauce, and I am currently experiencing a phenomenon I like to refer to as "The Last Year". Let me explain.
The 365 days between a person's 17th and 18th birthday fall into this category. It's a last ditch, all out marathon to soak up life while simultaneously getting ready for adulthood. And, in my case, starting college in a crazed attempt to get my degree by 19. You can see us, clutching our soft packs of cigarettes to our chests, shotgunning black coffee, never turning down an invitation.
This is an online journal of sorts, a documentation of the things I'll miss about my adolescence and this town and everything that comes with it. I hope that you enjoy what I have to say, and I hope it makes you sad. I hope you feel nostalgic for things that are slipping through your fingers, and that, if only for a moment, you stop and think.
<3. M

No comments:

Post a Comment